Monday, March 14, 2005

 

The Saga of My Migration to Wordpress

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm still here.

Let's just say my transition from Blogger to Wordpress hasn't been as smooth as I would have liked. No. Actually, it's been a royal pain in the you-know-what. It started when I manually tried to download Wordpress then did something wrong. I signed up with a hosting company that offered this installation tool called "Fantastico," so I figured I'd try again using Fantastico. It didn't work the first time, so I in a new sub-directory.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I think that having Wordpress in a sub directory is what got me into trouble. My first host didn't pick up on this, and couldn't figure out how to import from Blogger to Wordpress. He finally got the month of March, but nothing else. It also didn't help that their tech support wasn't available by phone, but only via instant messenger. At this point, you all may be wondering what the heck I was thinking. I guess I just got carried away, and it seemed like a good deal. But today, I decided to switch hosts. This company actually has people that answer the phone right away, and who know what they're talking about.

My new domain name will be www.theurbangrindblog.com. So if you could all please update your blogrolls accordingly, that would be great.

Thanks, and happy blogging!
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?