Friday, February 18, 2005

 

Havard President Releases Transcript of His Controversial Speech

And rightly so.

This is the action of a man with nothing to hide (unlike Eason Jordan and CNN). Granted, some people object to his hypothesis of innate differences in the mathematical and scientific abilities of women vs. men. But why should be it be blasphemy to point out there may be some innate differences? After all, these abilities vary, I'm sure from man to man, and from woman to woman.

Personally speaking, I have never ever had a strong aptitude for math, and that's putting it mildly. Yet I don't think that makes me a moron either. I also have no ability or interest in assembling things like tables, shelves or desks. But from my experience, it seems like men do. So what. From the exerps I've read of Summers' speech, it didn't seem to me like he said anything terrible.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?