Thursday, December 02, 2004

 

Former NYC Police Chief Bernard Kerik Named Head of U.S. Homeland Security

As a Manhattanite, I am very happy about this:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush has picked as his homeland security secretary former New York City police commissioner Bernard Kerik, who helped the city respond to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and later went to Iraq, Republican officials said on Thursday.


I just remember the rage and sadness I felt that day, along with the confidence I felt in Rudolph Giuliani being on the scene right away with Kerik at his side overseeing the rescue, recovery and investigation of that horrible attack. (Granted, I always thought Rudolph Giuliani was the most awesome Mayor New York ever had.)

All I can say now is that I hope Kerik doesn't let political correctness stand in the way of protecting Americans. This whole issue of illegal immigration is like the Emperor with no clothes. No one, except for Tom Tancredo wants to go near it. It's like, HELLO!!! THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES ON, AND HIS SUBJECTS ARE HERE ILLEGALLY! I mean, political correctness is out of control when you have certain people comparing the phrase "illegal alien" to the "N" word, and I'm not kidding. That was covered a few months agon on "Hannity & Colmes."

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?