Thursday, October 21, 2004

 

Why Vote For President Bush?/What's Wrong With John Kerry

Hugh Hewitt.com is conducting a blog symposium, asking the very same question. Here's my take:

In response to the first question, I would have to say it’s because President Bush has shown that he has a backbone in dealing with terrorists. While some people snort derisively that President Bush is acting “unilaterally” (as though it’s the equivalent of nuking Africa because of a bad hair day), that is a good thing. By acting unilaterally, President Bush is saying in essence “I don’t care if you don’t like me. This is not a Mr. Congeniality contest. My job is to protect the American people, and I will not hesitate to use force if I feel it’s in the rational self-interest of my country.”

Remember Ronald Reagan’s critics also called him “stupid” and a warmonger, and snidely referred to his defense build up as “Star Wars.” Yet I never remembered any of these same liberal critics referring to the Soviet Union’s arms build by the same name.

In terms of domestic issues, I’m all for tax cuts. Granted, I don’t make $200K per year. So I wouldn’t be adversely affected. But in the past, I have gotten money back – not as much as I would have liked, but better than nothing. Even so, people forget that the American dream has been about people coming here from all over to make a better life for themselves, by working to the best of their ability and making as much money for themselves as possible.

But in John Kerry’s view, the American Dream is one of a nanny state where need is rewarded and productive ability is punished. And yet, that’s not the biggest problem I have with Kerry.

The fact is, he’s a traitor.
Granted, he goes on about how he served in Vietnam. Well, Benedict Arnold served honorably in the Revolutionary War, and Adolf Hitler served in World War I. Yet, even to this day, we rightly remember them as the traitors and evil monsters they were. Why should John Kerry be viewed any differently?

If that’s not enough of a reason, Kerry believes we must prostrate ourselves before the United Nations and the “international community.” He believes that deaths of American soldiers are justified only as part of a U.N. effort

The only thing Kerry has been consistent on is his belief in using force only through the United Nations

This is a man who voted against supporting the “right wing Contras” in their fight against communism, and who only seems to want to use American troops for “humanitarian” purposes.

This is a man who believed America should have had a nuclear freeze during the Cold War. And now he has the unmitigated gall to bring up Ronald Reagan. The fact is, John Kerry has never met any communists who he didn't love.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?